Wednesday 11 April 2018

Cooking Club

For the past few years in Ruru we have been doing Cooking Club.
Cooking club is a reward for students who have been doing the right thing. It is a great reward because you get to have fun baking food and treats and then you get to eat them.
Here are some of the recipes from this term.

Last week some of us made Churro Mini Muffins. They were light and fluffy! DELICIOUS!













































Truffles
1 packet wine biscuits
One tin condensed milk
One block of chocolate (we used caramilk)
Coconut to roll balls in.
Whiz the biscuits to crumbs. Melt chocolate over a double boiler, stir in the condensed milk and biscuits.
Roll into balls and coat with coconut.
Refrigerate until firm.

Chocolate Brownie
2 cups chopped dates
1 tsp baking soda
3⁄4 cup boiling water
1 cup dark cocoa sifted
200g/6 1/2 oz finely diced butter at room temperature
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups caster sugar/ superfine sugar
1 cup flour
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
250g 8 oz dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate

Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a 30cm x 24cm/ 12 x 9 inch slice tin with baking
paper. Put dates in large bowl, add baking soda and boiling water stir to combine.
Add finely diced butter and stir until melted. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
Mash softened dates with a fork to break them up to a creamy consistency. Stir in the eggs
and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the sugar, then add the cocoa until smooth.stir in the
chocolate chips or chunks.smooth into prepared tin and bake and bake until it is set in the
middle and begins to come away from the sides of the tin, about 50 minutes cool before
cutting in to squares.

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look so good. Which recipe do you like more. I will definitely try them at home. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I really like truffles, and chocolate brownie! I will definitely try these at home!
    From Eren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds delicious! I don't actually like ginger snaps but I will definitely try making the chocolate brownies! From Irina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you you taught me something
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this recipe is lovely and I would definitely make this

    from Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good knowledge about cooking.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!These look yummy! There are lots of different recipes! I will try these at home. Out of all of them, what are your top 3? Thank you for posting these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,this is Yoni.I have just finished reading these recipes. They look very tasty!!!I will definitely try them at home.Which one would you recommend the most?I think that the chocolate brownie is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love baking, so I will definitely try these at home. Which one is your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the cooking tips I will use them
    Theo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have done sticky Jamaican cake, mini butterfly cupcakes,loads of rocky road, chocolate chip muffins and much more. I've even cooked dinner for my family. I love baking and cooking.
    Tomas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi my name is Freya. My favourite thing to do at home is cooking so I would definitely try this. They sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These all look delicious! Do you have a favourite? I think that my favourite recipe is the honey ginger snaps. I will definitely try these at try home.

    From Nikos

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it interesting that it is a reward to be in baking club. these recepies look delicious ! Ryuki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my name is Olivia.
    What is your favourite food to bake and eat.
    Mine is chocolate cake!
    Your so lucky that you have a baking club at your school, we don't, although I wish we did.
    From Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    Those recipes look great.I will definitely try them at home.
    Theo Behe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!I have tried the brownies and I will definitely try the rest of the recipes!
    Naiyan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I am George
    I love the recipes. I will definitely use them at home. For the brownies do you have to use dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora George,
      The brownies were so yummy! You can use any type of chocolate you want (milk, dark, white or mint choc) in the brownie recipe.
      - Riley SL & Selene

      Delete
  20. Awesome, those ginger snaps look and sound mouth watering.
    From Flora and Freya

    ReplyDelete
  21. These all look so yummy! Which one is your favourite recipe? My one is by far the chocolate brownie! My grandma uses the same recipe and it is always delicious.
    Aki Highgate schoool

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks soo yummy. MY mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete